UberNES - Nintendo Screen Saver
Run dozens of NES games at once on your PC
- The NES Screen Saver emulates many NES games in real-time, rendering them to your screen as a "wall"
- You can easily import a massive amount of high-quality content for your wall using the built-in movie gallery
- Quickly download over 150 UberNES movie playback files that contain over 4 full days of high quality gaming
- Every movie contains multiple "checkpoints" throughout the playback. For example, the Super Mario Brothers movies contain checkpoints at the start of each level.
- Each game on your movie wall will start at a random checkpoint, giving you a ton of variety in what you see
- The UberNES movies and their checkpoints provide a far superior experience compared to simply showing a bunch of title screens
- All of this work is being done "on the fly" by heavily-optimized, performant code.
- Because of this, you will need NES ROMs for the screen saver to work
Jump in and play any game, at any point. Quit whenever you want
- You are in control a cursor on the movie wall - simply use the arrow keys to move your cursor around.
- If you see a game that looks fun, you can simply press a button to "jump in" and take over.
- When you are done playing that particular game, simply press the button again and you are back in control of your game cursor
Navigate an "infinite wall" of games
- If you move your cursor just beyond the edge of the game wall, the entire wall will scroll over, creating an infinite wall of games
- Practically speaking, this is a great way to have the screen saver load in a bunch of new game scenarios at once!
Tune the experience exactly to your liking
- All aspects of the screen saver are highly configurable, including the following:
- Sound on/off/only on when user is playing game
- Length of time each movie is played before advancing to new one
- Information scrolled along bottom of NES display
- Extensive video options are included
- Software upscalers such as HQX, ScaleX, and NTSC provide improved picture quality in higher resolutions
- Custom display modes can be selected for the screen saver to run in
- Video can be routed through GDI or DirectDraw video subsystems, providing greater flexibility